Thursday, May 20, 2010

Taylor Swift Accepts Her NARM Award


"I'm Taylor. Nice to meet you. I wanna thank NARM for this beautiful honor and this gorgeous sparkly award." It's a nice opener to an acceptance speech for the artist of the year award at the National Association of Recording Merchandisers convention in Chicago Monday night (May 17). But it was Taylor Swift's story about a new Thanksgiving tradition her family has that the audience seemed to love the most. "While on Thanksgiving Day, all the women hang out in the kitchen and cook, now all the men take it upon themselves -- my brother, cousins, everybody -- they all get in the car and they go from store to store checking the inventory on my CDs. And so they walk in with great conviction and great purpose and their little notepad and their little pencils. They spend all day doing it, and they come home with these glowing reports of their war stories and adventures," she says. But in the end, she admits it's not the guys in her life who have kept her CDs selling. It has been the merchandisers. "I know that it's you guys that are helping me out and having my back and putting my music in the hands of people who play it in their cars and play it in their bedrooms," Swift said.

http://blog.cmt.com/2010-05-18/taylor-swift-accepts-her-narm-award-with-charm/

No comments:

Post a Comment