Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dollywood, Dixie Stampede Donating Weekend Profits to Flood Relief Efforts

Dolly Parton will be donating this weekend's net admission proceeds from her Dollywood and Dixie Stampede properties in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., to flood relief efforts in the Nashville area. The Dolly Helps Nashville fundraising event is set for Saturday and Sunday (May 22-23). The money will go to her Dollywood Foundation which will, in turn, distribute it to other nonprofit organizations assisting flood victims who have lost their homes. Online donations are also being accepted at Parton's official website. "I grew up in the Smokies in East Tennessee, which was my first home. I moved to Nashville 46 years ago and that is my home now," Parton said. "I have family and friends in both places, and when one place hurts, I think it is just right for the other to help."

No comments:

Post a Comment