Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dolly Steps Up To Help Flood Victims


Dolly Parton has called Nashville home for over 45 years and in that time she’s never seen the kind of devastation the recent floods have left behind.


“I grew up in the Smokies in East Tennessee, which was my first home. I moved to Nashville 46 years ago and that is my home now. I have family and friends in both places, and when one place hurts, I think it is just right for the other to help.” Dolly posted in a message on her website.

During this coming weekend, May 22-23, all of the proceeds from admissions to Dollywood, Dollywood’s Splash Country, and Dixie Stampede will go to a special fund to assist Nashville flood victims. Dolly will be out at these attractions throughout the weekend to visit with fans and encourage them to join in the effort to help those affected by the floods.

Even if you can’t make it out to Dollywood this weekend, you can still help by making an online donation right now at http://www.dollyparton.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment